The IMPRS for living matter (formerly the IMPRS-CMB) provides an amazing environment for young, talented and ambitious scientists to start an academic career in the field of life sciences.
As a graduate student, you will join a top-level research group and you will have the chance to carry out an exciting and novel project with access to state-of-the-art facilities and world class experts.
The goal of the IMPRS-LM is to support students in their projects by providing the tools for them to learn experimental methods, as well as rigorous scientific thinking and scientific communication.
In addition to several seminar series (faculty talks, student talks and external scientific guests), IMPRS-LM students benifit from a structured program that offers many opportunities to learn key methods (cryo-EM, cryo-ET, X-ray structure determination, light microscopy, mass spectrometry), important tools (R, Fiji, Python, Adobe Illustrator) and join workshops to develop trasferable skills and to prepare for next career steps (career development program).
- Good Scientific Practice, January 25-27, 2023
- Introduction to scientific writing, March 13-17, 2023
- Python for Biologists, 6 online modules, May-June 2023 & October-November 2023
- Presentation Skills Course, June 19-23, 2023
- Vector Graphics for Scientists (ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR Workshop), July 2023
- Basic statistics using R for Life Scientists, August 2023
- Editing, Processing & Analysis of scientific images (Fiji), September 2023