In the application form you will be asked to provide:
- contact details
- information about your education (BSc, MSc)
- a list of research experiences (comprising duration, host institution and name of supervisor)
- a list of up to 5 methods or techniques that you have learnt and used in your research projects
- a summary of your MSc project (or of the last research project)
- a motivation letter
- information about your last work experience
- proof of English proficiency
- the contact details of two academic referees
- mandatory (and recommended) documents
To complete your application, you need to upload the following MANDATORY documents:
- a Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- transcripts/marksheets and certificates for your bachelor and master degree. The transcript is a record of your academic qualifications (containing the detailed program of the attended course with the corresponding grades) while the certificate is the final academic title. If you have still not completed your master degree (and therefore you do not have a master certificate) please indicate the date when you expect to finish your master studies. Both transcripts and certificates should be either in German or in English or translated into English. For the online application, non-certified translations are sufficient but remember that originals (or certified copies of the original) and the certified translations will be required for the formal final acceptance into the program.
In addition, you can upload the following RECOMMENDED documents:
- a proof of English proficiency (recommended if you are not a native speaker or if your education was not in English)
- scholarships, prizes and awards
- GRE general and subject tests
All documents uploaded should be in one of the following formats: pdf, jpg, jpeg, gif (with a maximum size of 1MB).
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
Applicants should provide in the online application the contact details of two academic referees. Upon submission of the application, the referees will be automatically contacted via email and invited to upload a recommendation letter.
Very important: Please contact your referees prior to the submission of your application to make sure that they are willing to support your application.
Applications lacking the recommendation letters will not be processed. The deadline for the submission of the recommendation letters is a few days after the application deadline (check the time line of the current selection).
Very important: It is your responsibility to make sure that the referees submit the recommendation letters on time.
What to do if one or both of your referees has not received our automatic request:
- check whether you have spelt correctly the email of your referee (if this is the case please contact us to correct the mistake and resend the reference request)
- ask your referees to check their SPAM folders
- contact us (at firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can re-send the reference request.